Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Some people have no brains.....but Zardari isn't one of them

I first read this article on Five rupees blog, and had to share it with you all. It is probably the funniest article that I have read in the longest time. Trust me on this one. Just read it.

My Jaw literally dropped when I was reading this article. According to the author(by the way, he is a political analyst), Zardari is one smart cookie. Not only has he kept the PPP together(I'm not really sure if that is a feat. I reckon that all you need to do is put Bhutto at the end of anything and everyone in the PPP will just worship it), but he has deftly congregated power within his party. My only question to the author is, what have you been smoking? Granted that's not a very nice thing to say, but that's the only plausible explanation of the Zardari ass-kissing that is so prominently featured in this article. Perhaps the author has forgotten that just six months ago Zardari was forced by the lawyers movement and Nawaz Sharif's PML to reinstate judge Iftikhar Chaudry to his supreme court post.

Since I can't send the author some Ginko Biloba (shipping charges are just too expensive), I have decided to list some Zardari's most accomplished blunders below.

At one point, Zardari (he) said that the PPP – of which his son Bilawal is chairman, and he is the co-chairman – had resisted the influence of “extremists from Aung San Suu Kyi to the Taliban”, apparently mistakenly referring to the jailed Burmese opposition leader.

Mr Zardari has occasionally been willing to take Washington to task for its interventions in Pakistan. He reiterated a call for the US to sell aerial drones to the Pakistan military in place of mounting cross-border attacks. “My position is that I have always asked for possession of the drone; I want the Pakistani flag on it.”

(Benazir’s) death remains a complex factor in Pakistani national life. Mr Zardari appears to blame Mr Musharraf, claiming that she died by a bullet not by the bomb that a Scotland Yard report identified as the cause. “I wish Musharraf had looked after my wife as I can look after myself,” he said.

and let's not forget about Sarah Palin

Need I say any more

No comments:

Post a Comment