Monday, October 12, 2009

If you're looking to quote someone...

...don't quote him.

While surfing the web, I came across a compilation of memorable quotes by Musharraf on Dawn.com, which made me laugh and wonder "What was this man thinking?". I have decided to share my favorites.

‘I'm not a politician. I don't have the makings of a politician. I believe in straight talk.’
On the 2002 elections timetable given out – BBC on 27 July, 2000


‘The people love me. I'm a popular leader wherever I go. Those who are protesting against me are idiots. They don't know anything.’
On people’s sentiments towards him – BBC on 15 October, 2001

‘I am a fighter, I will fight you. I do not give up and if you can shout, I can shout louder.’
On denying making the women exploiting rape statements published in the Post interview – Dawn on 18 September, 2005

‘All this today, in the past six years, what I have done in Pakistan, is really the essence of democracy. What the West looks at is just the label of democracy.’
On defining democracy in Pakistan – BBC interview with Barbara Plett on 1 March 2006

What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment